Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 05:32 PM

Default How many hands / month can higher-volume players handle??

I'm having major jaw surgery in a couple weeks which will sadly confine me to a bed for a few weeks afterward. So I'm planning on using it to play an absolutely disgusting amount of poker...might as well put a good spin on it...besides, I've always wondered just how many hands I could actually handle in a month...and because I really won't have anything else to do during that time by no fault of my own, this seems like a perfect opportunity to try it.

At my stakes, 15/30 and 20/40 usually, I don't typically play more than 3 to 5 tables...is it foolhardy to think that I might be able to get in 100,000 hands this month??? When I used to 8-table the 3/6, 3,000 hands / day was as easy a thing as there ever was...but i wonder whether I'll be able to tolerate 10 hours / day, 6 or 7 days a week (what i'll need to play, given my calcs) without burnout.
Any full-time players here want to chime in with what they average / month? (hands played, that is)