Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Do loose and passive games make you dumb?(low content)

I went to Vegas last week to sharpen up my game by playing some live low stakes games(and watch WSOP Main Event). After I came back and started reading this forum, all of the sudden I started feeling that I am off my game.
In Vegas, I ended up playing $4/$8 at Bally’s, 4 sessions of 3-4 hours each. The game was as loose and passive as it gets and I managed to make on average 4BB after each session. I really don’t think it was luck because I got outdrawn a GAZZILION number of times in huge pots. 7-8 people seeing a flop, 4-5-6 going to a showdown. Anybody with any kind of draw or a piece of the board is seeing the river with you. Raising only with trips or better, people were as transparent as a blue sky in a sunny day. In a game like that 98s is an easy limp UTG or easy 2-cold call with JTs in MP if you have at least one limper because you KNOW you are getting a company with a close to zero chance of pot being raised behind you.
Anyway, I come back and started reading posts about defending your blind and some turn check raises with medium pocket pairs with the top card on the board pairs…and I feel completely off. I need to tune back up. So, instead of getting my game sharper I did exactly the opposite.

Anybody has any thoughts on that?