Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM

Default The real Poker Edge solution - anonymous user names

I don't mean to restart the PE arguments and I ask posters not to go down that road on this thread - we've discussed that enough. You've got a right to know where I stand since I'm making this proposal, in case you didn't notice my couple of posts. I was against the banning, on the grounds that it was really unenforceable and we all just have to learn to play the game f spy-counter-spy.

And that's really the reason for this suggestion. As things stand, you can't enforce this ban. Like with guns, make em illegal and only crimnals will have guns. What's to stop the dedicated online pro from getting a second internet connection and running PE on a separate system? A few simple, non-objectionable scripts on his Party Poker machine can write players names and recent hand histories to a floppy,and he can plug that floppy into the PE system computer in about 2 seconds.

Now, you could ban hand histories but I think most want to keep that to track their own play.

So how about the simple expedient of letting users make up a new name everytime they sign on, on even everytime they sit at a new table? Still keep the username so the site can track collusion, etc., but don't show it to other players. Seems easy enough to me.