Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2003, 10:42 AM

Default Strange 10-20 hand

This hand has me scratching my head. Mostly loose-passive 10-20 game. Folded to me in MP and I open raise with As-Qc. Player immediately to my left 3 bets, and it's folded back to the big blind, who calls. I call. 9.5 small bets. From my observations so far, big blind is a big fish who will call down with lots of sub-par hands, and plays way too many starters as well (dream opponent). 3 bettor is new to the game and this is the first hand he has played in 2 orbits at the table.

Flop comes Qs-Jd-6s. Big blind checks. I check (I put guy behind me on either AA,KK, or AK, seeing as how this was his first hand and he 3-bet coming in, I figured he had to have something good, and if not, would follow up with a flop bet anyway). 3 bettor checks. Ooops.

Turn comes 2s [Qs-Jd-6s] and Big blind comes out betting! I have the As with my TPTK, and just call. 3 bettor calls as well.

River comes off a blank (red 7, I believe). Big blind now checks. Action is up to you --- is this a clear bet? Thanks. Results later. (and any critiquing of my weak-ass play is appreciated as well)