Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 06:15 AM

Default 40-80 at the Wynn. Floor decision....

I am in the SB and post 20 dollars. Fold to middle position, fold to me, I notice I have been dealt one card. The table starts arguing about whether it is a misdeal, or I should be given a card. The floorman is called. He first asks the raiser if a misdeal okay, the raiser says he prefers it not be. He then calls another floorman talks to her a bit, and then makes the following ruling:

That I must play short. Meaning I do not get another card and my blind stays in the pot.

At this point the table erupts. I demand to see the rulebook. He says that is his final ruling and walks away. After a while I realize no rulebook is coming. I go ask the second floorman present why I was not provided with the rulebook when I requested it. She says she will go get it. She later returns to the table and says the rulebook is in several large binders and she cannot bring it out for me!

Talk about amateur hour over there.

Finally the dealer who was at the table and saw all this went and got the shift manager himself. She did eventually correct the ruling and gave the raiser the $20 (which he had returned to me), and comped me some things. She also offered to bring me the rulebook if I still wanted it.

The Wynn poker room is nice but their floor crew seemed pretty clueless most of the time, and in this case totally ignorant of Nevada gaming laws.