Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Was this slowrolling? If so, what should the proper action have been?

Playing in a live SNG with some buddies and one of my best poker buds (most knowledgeable out of kids my age besides me) and I are involved in a pot. I have AQhearts and the flop comes something like Axx, I can't remember if he checked or I did, but we both ended up all-in going to the turn and river. He does not turn his hand over and he's counting out the chips but he sees my hand and says oh man you got me and he turns over his ace but does not show his other card.

Turn is a blank and around this time he says "I'm dead to a 6" the river comes 8 and I celebrate and begin to grab the chips when he looks at his cards and excited announces "no I have A8 nvm" and turns up the other card, an 8. Everyone at the table seemed to not see what the problem was, but I was pretty upset about this and they told me that the "cards played no matter what was said".

This is probably true, but I was just wondering what would be the line in a situation like this?

I ended up chopping the pot for a net of 180 so I'm really not that mad, but was just wondering. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]