Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Call All-in(s) with AK sooooooted?

Live 1-2 NL at Taj in Atlantic City

Hero is UTG+1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG opens for 15 (standard)
Hero raises to 40
MP pushes for ~90
table folds back to UTG who pushes for ~190
Hero has both opponents well covered. Your play?

Reads, which are important...
MP is a joke, his play does not signify a premium hand, and I am not at all concerned about him

UTG is a decent player (quite the anomaly for the donkfest that is my table). He is somewhat aggressive, but I was surprised that being raised twice did not slow him down at all.

Does it matter that the other players at my table are so bad I can easily find another spot to get my money in where I know I will be a huge favorite?

BTW, my image at the table should be TAG, but I am honestly not sure anyone is paying attention. I think the only hands I have shown are AQ and KK. I showed the kings after I reraised pf, got 2 callers, they checked to me on A high flop, I bet and took it down, then showed my cards. After the hand I had a brief discussion with UTG about what I would have done if he had come over the top on that flop.