Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Newbie Games - I cant seem to win!

I know, before you say it... with solid play, Ill come out ahead the majority of the time due to their huge mistakes, which I should welcome.

I play -alot- of small stakes ($5 buy in) 6-10 player games, and I am consistantly losing to people who haven't played more than a dozen times. I have tried making moves which I quickly learned is a bad idea with so many calling stations that dont know the strength/weakness of their own hand. I have also tried playing tight and agressive, which works best but I have still lost alot more than I have won.

From what Ive gathered, instead of waiting on premium hands, maybe I need to see all family pots with no raises in front of me and wait till I hit at least 2 pair. Tonight I tried waiting on premium hands and after awhile I finally hit it, pocket Kings. Problem is, they are fairly easily cracked with enough callers (I bet 70% of the pot on the flop which was rainbow rags... lost to runner runner diamonds, he had JdQd).

Im just trying to ask what should I do differently? AA is scary with 4-5 calls even, the only way I can think is to see the cheap flops with big pots.