Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 06:53 PM

Default I cannot beat .50/1 (a confession)

It makes me sick to even say that, but the reality is that I consistently hover around -1bb/100 at .5/1.

Before this I had beaten 1/2 for around 2.8bb/100 @ 80,000-some hands. I had beaten 2/4 for around 2bb/100 @ 20,000-some hands. But about a month ago I had a "real life" emergency that took the majority of my bankroll and left me with just enough to play .50/1 and get back to my bonus whoring roots as I built my bankroll back up to a sufficient 1/2 or 2/4 level.

Right out the gate I was losing at .50/1, usually hovering (as mentioned) around -1BB (on average). I have weathered many downswings in the past (10,000+ hands), so I just sucked it up and continued to play, despite the glaring red now in my PT. 5,000 hands went by, still losing. 10,000 hands, still losing. At 15,000 I began to look at my game, maybe I had/ had not made certain adjustments. I studied my books that had served me so well at other limits and tried to play as well as I possibly could. I got to about 21,000 hands and was still losing when my PC fried on me (unrelated obviously) and had to be sent back to HP to be repaired (losing all data) this gave me 10 days to study (I was already very familiar with in SSHE, HPFAP, Top, etc.)

I bought King Yao's new book, and really studied like I never have before. I filled almost an entire norebook with odds problems, EV problems, etc. My computer was returned last weekend and I began playing again with renewed vigor.

I AM STILL LOSING AT .50/1!!!!

This sickens me because many of you beat this level for 3,4,5+bb/100, and I cannot even maintain a positive winrate. I am expecting many flames because of the utter patheticness (is that a word?) of this post in general, but really for the first time my confidence has been shaken and I am doubting myself. I just wanted to get this out there in case anyone else has experienced this or something similar and had some advice.