Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Bicycle 3/5 hand. How much to limp-raise?

This is my first night at Bell Garden's Live at the Bike. I'm preparing for tonight's internet broadcast (Live At The Bike). I've been playing for about 4 hours or so, and just about every player is awful:

Blinds are $3 and $5. The max buy-in is $200, but the relavant stacks are pretty big.

I ($1000) limp UTG with 99, loose-raising Persian guy raises in EP to ($25...he only has $88 left after raise), loose really poor playing MP (~$500) calls, average button (~$300) also calls. It's folded to me.

Notes: MP has been known to limp and cold-call (open limp and overlimp) in with huge hands such as AA (twice), JJ or AKs etc. He will show aggression if his hand is forced.

I wish to isolate the original raiser with a limp-reraise. How much is sufficient to get the job done?

All comments appreciated. Results to follow.

P.S. The highlight of the evening was getting to play and chat with actress Laura Prepon two to my left from "That 70's show". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Garland