Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Sweet suicide

Hi, I played a pretty weird pot today in the Bellagio 10/20 (no max). I hadn't played long with my opponents, having just arrived in the game from a must-move table. They knew basically nothing about me, and vice versa, although my impression of all of them was that they were thinking players who were trying to play well, but who were not great readers. I thought they probably respected my play at this point, given that I'd won a couple of well-played pots with strong hands. I was not just splashing around here; I had specific reads and a plan for the hand. See if you follow me, or if I'm just nuts.

I'm on the button with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 4200. Principals are the SB (25K), BB (2700), and "Blind Man" (1400). Blind Man has been playing his last few hands blind, calling pre-flop in the dark, and then betting 20 or 40 bucks on each street, unless someone raises--then he looks and plays on. He's a fun-loving guy, who clearly intends to make some moves.

Pre-flop : MP opens for 60, Blind Man calls blind, I call on the button, SB and BB call.

Flop ($300): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
3 Checks, blind man bets 20. I raise to 100. SB calls in tempo, BB calls, MP (pre-flop raiser) folds. Blind man assesses me, re-raises to 360. I re-raise to 1360. SB calls without much pause! BB goes into the tank. He (25-ish kid) is mouthing numbers to himself, and then he asks the Blind Man for a chip count, and if he has enough to re-raise. Blind man says, "No, I only have about 1000 more." BB calls. Blind Man shakes his head and folds.

Turn ($4640): A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
SB checks (!), BB goes all-in for 1300, seeming very calm and self-assured. I go all-in for 2800. How do you like them apples?