Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Botched 6/12 hand

A bit of background on me, I mainly play 100NL 6 max on party. I have quite a few hands at the following limits for limit poker, .5/1, 1/2, 2/4 and have positive win rates at all of them. In my stats post most have pointed out that I am not aggressive enough. I came into this game with almost a NL mentality because for the first time playing live the money seemed meaningful. I had been running well playing 3/6 and wanted to play this game and take a shot.

I botched this hand pretty badly playing 6/12 live (Harvey's, Tahoe) for the first time. I had never played this high (although I am adaquetly rolled for it) and had been playing somewhat weak tight up to that point. This was near the end of the session I think I misplayed every street. I have been on the table for a while and have reasonable reads they are as follows:

UTG seems ok but very passive and very readable because of this. SB is very aggro and for some reason rather intimidating in this hand, he likes to play a lot of garbage from the blinds and seems to play well postflop. SB is going cap QQ, KK and AA here.

Im dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1

UTG raise, folded to me I three bet from MP1, SB calls and UTG calls

FLOP (pot, $60)

5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check to me, I raise, SB check raises, UTG folds, I call -

Should I be three betting this given what I know about SB, and how aggro he can be ?

Turn (pot $84)

7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call

again seems like I misplayed this but Im not really sure what to do here.

River (pot $108)

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, I fold (This seems like one of the worst plays I made considering the pot was offering me 10:1 on a call)

I was so lost in this hand, mostly due to my weakness throughtout the hand that never allowed me to find out where I was at. Tear me apart as to what I did wrong, like I said I felt pretty lost here.