Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Have Ah Th , called a raise, flopped an ace

Now what..?? This is one of those twixt and tween hands that I simply do not fathom how to play properly. Too good to toss cheaply, but not good enough to get real frisky..

Party $600NL

Hero is SB with $331
Villian is 2 off the button with $161

Folded to villian who raises to $12. (sort of min raise I guess)

Dealer calls, hero calls with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villian bets $22, folded to hero who makes a mistake I think.

What to do... calling is so lame, and if villian is semibluffing the diamond draw with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something, calling is even more lame.

Folding seems entirely too weak tight, but perhaps it is not. I hate to fold to KK QQ JJ even 10 10. But I also hate to pay off AK Aj et al because I got too carried away with my ace 10.

Hero check raises to $44. In retrospect, I think I should have raised $ to $70 or so, and made him push or fold.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villian checks.

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero checks, villian pushes $105 and is all in...

Sheesh... when will I ever learn to play this game.

Hero ponders for a moment and folds.. There seemed to be no good move here. I am probably beat and tossing in a hundred more seems a waste, but folding seems to be way WEAK.

Thoughts?

I know, I know, you can't wait for me to join your table..

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]