Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Limp Re-Raise Gone Horribly Wrong

Hero has very LAG table image.
Villian likely thinks that hero is a donk, and is fairly TAG, not tricky.

Empire $4 BB 6 Max
Hero (UTG): $850
Villian (Button): $900

Preflop : Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero Calls. 2 folds. <font color="red"> Villian raises to $16.</font> Blinds fold. <font color="red">Hero Raises to $60.</font> Villian calls $44.

Flop $126: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero Bets $100</font>...

I figure that Villian puts me on AA-QQ AK, although, he may suspect that I'm making a move, due to how LAG I've been playing in recent hands.

Should I just be done with this hand, despite the large fold equity that I probably have from the PF LRR ? It is quite likely that this flop hit my opponent (who I put on AA-TT AK).

How was the continuation bet size?

I've been experimenting a bit with limp re-raising before the flop, since it seems like such a powerful play.I have had success when using it with premium hands, but I don't want to give away too much information by doing it only with premium hands. Not to mention the massive implied odds when I do hit.

Anybody else use this play much? Any recommendations?

EDIT: Forgot stack sizes