Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Got cute, now what to do?

Easy, generally tourney player but playing some cash at mo. No real reads on Villain, but he had played a few hands quite strangely but hadn't showed many down. He had only bought in for $25.

First of all I would normally lead out on flop but when it is this harmless I sometimes like to try a check raise to get bit more in the pot when hands I don't want to give a free card to are likely to bet anyway, and I can get a bit more out of weaker aces. When he didn't bet I obviously led the turn and was faced with the raise.

My thinking was, he probably doesn't have a six. Has he he hit a third 8, wouldn't he have bet the flop? Did my check on the turn make him think I was afraid of the ace so he might he think he can now push me off KK/QQ? Does that make this a reraise, a fold, or a call and lead river, or call and check river and decide then?

I have $58
Villain has $ 45 before hand

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folds to me I raise to $3, Villain Calls, Everyone else folds

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I check, MP1 checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I bet $5, Villain raises to $10, Hero??

The main thing on my mind is am I playing scared doing anything less than raise this, having set the trap, him falling to it and now worrying I'm somehow beat

Ta for thoughts Mussy