Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Please help me with this QQ hand

I seem to have major problems with hands like these. I'm not good enough to lay them down and I don't seem to know what to do throughout the hand to get a better idea of what I should do, and then I'm left with difficult river decisions. Plus, I've been waiting for a chance to get the CO's chips, and my anxiousness to do that may have also influenced the lame play of this hand.

Please comment on all streets and let me know what sorts of things you do and think about when playing a hand like this. I'm really looking for what sorts of things, if any, I can do and think about in the future to make playing, or folding, this hand easier in the later rounds instead of being faced with a difficult decision like I was.

CO's stats are 59%/22%/3.06/19%/48% 187 hands (probably 20-30 less at the time of this hand). His pre-flop raise means very little, as he raises things like 2 suited cards, 2 cards > 10, etc.

Hero: 44.95
CO: 77.21

All comments appreciated.

Party Poker NL25 (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO raises to 0.85 (looked like he had the bet pot clicked), 1 fold, Hero raises to 2.5, CO calls 1.65

Flop: (~5 pot) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets 5.00, CO raises to 10.00, Hero calls 5.00.

I was thinking he may have had JJ or TT here, as I would have expected him to re-raise w/ KK or AA pre-flop, and I can't see him raising w/ 2 overcards.

Turn: (~25 pot) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets 10.00, Hero calls.

Should I have put out a blocking bet here of ~10, and shut down if he calls, and fold if he raises?

River: (~45 pot) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets 25.00, Hero ?? (I've got ~22.50 left)

Now I'm stuck. Nice situation I put myself in...