Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Securing payment.

About a month and a half ago I responded to a request from a student listserv at Simon's Rock College, my alma mater. A student who was home for the summer in California requested that someone in the area mail her a personal computer she had left in the basement of her dorm. I live right down the street and had the day off, so I checked with Student Life and they vouched for the girl. So I mailed her the package at a cost of $120. She was to pay me back and she volunteered to tack on some compensation for my time. I left it up to her how much.

This was over a month ago and, shock and horror, she never paid me back. The people at the school say she is a bit flaky. She claimed a few weeks ago to have mailed the check to the wrong address, and said she was mailing it again. I don't believe that at all; regardless, there's been enough time that it should have arrived.

I have pulled what strings I can and have, aside from her address, a home phone number, DOB, parents' names and occupations, work phones, emails, etc. What's your battle plan?

I've pretty much got one but I want to see what you all say.

NT