Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 03:48 PM

Default 15 to the money in the WSOP ME. What do you do here?

We were 10 minutes from day 2 being over. I had spent the last 10 hours fighting for my life, never above 20k in chips. I could not get two good deals within an hour of each other. Everyone around me had 80k or more in chips.
I admit I had spent the last 30 minutes feeling sorry for myself because I am getting no cards, I am blinding off again and I can tell I am just not going to make it.

So, I am back down to below 15k in chips. The blinds are 800/1600 with a 200 ante. I am UTG and I look down at a suited AQ. Looks like gold to me. I meant to 3 bet, but for some reason I bet out 3200. Just tired I guess. Guy out in the middle makes it 10k to me. I figure him for a big pair. I look down at my stack and I think I saw 5 chips instead of 11.5k in chips. The blinds are staring me in the face again. I thought about laying it down, but I think "seeing" 5 chips instead of my chip count when everyone around me has hundreds of chips messed me up. I thought I might have 3 outs at least and didn't think I was going see anything better, so I decided to take a stand right there. He shows QQ and that is it for me.

Of course I have been playing this hand out in my head over and over. I believe now I should have laid the hand down preflop and continued to be patient. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for you input.