Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: I Need Help With A Very Important Decision!!! (NOT Related to Poker)

Is "pick another degree entirely" an option? I don't mean to be rude, but these degress are not going to make you very marketable in the work force. (I'm referring mainly to the Bachelor level.)

If you are planning to do graduate work, you're probably better off doing whatever interests you. You will change your mind at least once anyway before you reach your 3rd year.

My wife graduated with a bachelor in psychology (5 years ago?). Started out making like $22,000/yr. She's topped out now at about $29,000/yr. She's now having to go back and get her masters in business in order to move up to a $35k a year position. I got my degree in Civil Engineering, and I started out of college well over 35k: and civil is not initially as high paying as other engineering disciplines.

However....I started college as a music composition major. My advice: do whatever for 2 years, then change your mind and get your degree in something useful, or improve your poker game. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]