Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Newbie looking for some pre flop & calling station advice

Hi all, i've been playing for about a month now at $0.50/$1 and have made substantial progress so far (compared to where I started). However, i've got two problem areas that I am struggling with at the moment.

First, I don't have a good grasp yet of when to raise vs limp pre-flop. Does anyone have any links to good discussion on this subject? I looked but didn't find anything specific to micro-stakes?

Second, what do you do with passive calling stations when you have a wired pair and an overcard hits? IE. I was on the button with TT, there were 4 limpers, I raised, everyone called to see the flop of Q9x rainbow. Everyone checks to me and I bet, 2 callers the rest fold. Turn is a blank, everyone checks to me, I bet, 1 caller the rest fold. Repeat river and I lose the showdown to a pair of queens (Q7o). The guy never showed aggression just called me every card. Any suggestions what to do here differently, if anything?

I've seen quite a swing in my results to the point where I don't think any of the data is meaningful at this point. But i've gone from +10BB, to -15, to +50, to -70, to +80, and currently i'm at -15. I'm going through my recent hands looking for leaks but here are some of the relevant stats:
8391 hands
18.84% VP$IP
4.89% pre flop raise
24.16% VP$SB
82.05%folded SB to steal
73.81% folded BB to steal
9.33% att to steal blinds
31.54% won $ WSF
35.72% went to SD
47.04 won % at SD (ugh way low, i suspect i'm chasing some situations too much, looking for those now)
Aggression factor:
2.42 flop, 2.51 turn, 1.85 river, 2.29 total

Any thoughts would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]