Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Leaving negative feedback on E-Bay, is it worth it?

I finally decided to set up an Ebay account and start making purchases a couple weeks ago (I know welcome to the 21st century). Since than I've bought less than 10 items and currently have 2 feedbacks, both very positive. I just bought a couple items from a seller that I'm very unsatisfied with. Seller's feedback is over 3500 with 99% positive.

I win an auction on June 27 from this seller, and pay for it that day. After I pay I see that seller offers combined shipping. I look through his other auctions find another item worth buying. I send him an e-mail stating the item # I just purchased and to hold shipping as I'm interested in another item of his. I ask him how much combined shipping will be. He says the new item will be an additional $1.99. Good deal, I bid on the acution and win it on June 29.

That night I e-mail seller requesting that shipping be discounted to the 1.99 I was quoted. Seller writes back: "that only works if the payment is made in one transaction so I can mail the together easy and theirs less of a fee from paypal"

A couple e-mail's later (seller's communication was poor throughout), I tell him I will just pay the full shipping amount but am very unhappy with it. I pay for the 2nd item in full on July 2. 3 or 4 days later he requests payment. I tell him it's paid for and to please ship. A couple days later I get an e-mail saying he'll split the difference in shipping. I don't respond because we're talking about a few dollars here that I've already paid. It's the principle of the matter. Today, I recieve an e-mail that both items were shipped today.

All in all we're talking about a couple dollars, no big deal, but I felt the communication was poor, shipping was slow and the seller re-nigged on his discount offer. Is it worth it for me to leave negative feedback? Should I expect him to leave me a negative which may make other sellers weary of selling to me? Keep in mind I have bought very few items, but plan on purchasing more soon.