Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 1st WSOP 2005 hand,how would YOU have played it? X-Post

Wow.

I want to know this kid's name.

I think you have to decide at the flop whether you are going to make a stand or be willing to let the hand go if a scary card appears on the turn. If you are going to make a stand, then reraise the flop to T3500.

I think most players would just call without the nuts (JJ) early in a big tournament with so many chips behind. But I think you have to be willing to toss the hand if an ugly card comes on the turn. I think 9T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 89 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are real possibilities. I would have checked behind on the turn and called on the river if he made a value or blocking bet.

After villain check raises you, you can only beat a bluff. Without any knowledge of villain, I think you have to let the hand go at this point.

I think hero is going to get mugged if a club comes on the turn, so I think villain's PF raise is at worst "unclear", given that it will pick up the pot a good portion of the time.