Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Heads up quads vs quads.

This is a pretty funny hand that happened to me last night with a friend.

We were playing a heads up tournament, just $25 each and 60 chips a piece with 1/2 chip blinds. This was the FIRST (and last) hand dealt.

I was in the big blind. My opponent raised it up on the button for 5 more. I re-raised 6 more, ( I told myself that the first pot we played, I was going to play very aggressive almost reguardless of my cards) and he called.
(I'll tell you what our hands were at the end.)

The flop came 3 3 4. I raised 8 chips and my opponent just called. The turn was another 4, for a board of 3 3 4 4. I bet again, another 8 chips. Again, the button called. Now, the river came - 4, for a final board of 3 3 4 4 4. Now, I couldve done many things here, but I just bet 8 chips again. Now my opponent called and went all-in. I quickly called and fliped over the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My opponent held pocket 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]! Ouch!

Any thoughts on this hand? I think one could question the smooth calls of my opponent after the flop and turn, and probably my play as well. Of course, I didnt put him on quads, and my hand just kept improving. Thanks in advance for any sincere replies!