Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Need advice, to play or not to play in Stars 500k tourney

Hi y'all. I just won a two-table SAG on stars to qualify for the Stars big Sunday tournament. While I'm extremely excited to wint he satellite, I need advice whether ot not to play in this or not.

I've been playing for about 9 months now, and have a profit of, prepare yourself, about 100 bucks. Nothing huge, but still.

MTT's are my best game though. I have made $1270 while buying in for $784. Not a bad ROI. I am also at about 9% ROI in SAG's.

I am a -player in cash games. Have lost most of my money in NLHE on Stars and UB. I struggle with EV, FE and implied odds in cash games mightily. I can do pot odds well, but implied odds aren't my strong suit per se.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Do you think in the long run it is +EV for me to play in the tourney today given that I struggle with cash games? I'm sure I would turn the tournament money into some usable cash, but considering the possible payouts in the big one, it's tempting to me.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to convince me one way or another. Help. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Brad