Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Learning to play poker again. Part 1/3 overcards out of position.

Hey all, I'm in the middle(hopefully the end) of a fairly large downswing (6 buyins of NL100, followed by 100bb of 3/6 6 max and 100bb of 3/6 full) so I'm dropping down to 2/4 and teaching myself again. I plan to actually post in the form instead of lurk from now on, as this is my summer job I need to get some confidence back.

Villian in this hand is new at the table, first spin so no reads as of yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

My auto-play has been to threebet here and lead on all flops, but my auto-play has been getting me into trouble so after thinking a bit I felt I should try to see a flop, with the position to checkraise anything I like.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

I'm ahead of every hand except for pp and AK, and I may be able to knock AK off of a hand so I go with the C/R.

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

He doesn't reraise so I bet again planning to fold to a raise.

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

At this point I try to induce a bluff since I'm not sure that any hand is calling me that I beat(maybe AJ or AT?)

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Thoughts?