Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Thanks to sfer (kinda low content-ish)

Here's a hand I wouldn't ordinarily play this way (obviously the standard line is max aggression all the way -- cap PF, bet/reraise flop, etc.), but I learned from a thread not too long ago that a way to get more action on bigger streets is to stop-n-go a turn as opposed to check-raising it; that allows you to bet/3-bet the turn, and at worst you'll get called down, and at best the confused Villain will keep playing back at you.

I also learned from sfer (and possibly sthief & JBB, though I can't remember who participated in that conversation) that the opponents to do this against are aggressive types that will recognize other obvious lines (like the "check-call, check-raise" with a monster, etc.) but fall victim when you come across as a donk.

I was new to this table (so he may not have a read on me), but I had 130+ hands on Villain, and he was a super-TAG. 11/8/8.0. I'd seem him bet/fold a lot of turns (I remember because I played against him last night), and fold flops after 3-betting PF against an opponent's cap.

With this in mind, I used deceptioon PF and on the flop in order to donkbet the turn in an effort to disguise my hand. It worked. Thanks Dave.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.66 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.66 BB