Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2005, 12:10 AM

Default twoplustwo.com and OOT killing GDP

After spending the better part of the last two days killing time mostly on OOT, I got to thinking. I consider myself pretty intelligent, and most of you I know are very intelligent, much more so than myself most likely.

So here we are, a bunch of us in the top 5% of the population as far as intelligence(and some most likely in the 99.5 percentile), blowing time discussing nicknames, drawing pictures of each other humping goats, and other nonsense.

I'm sure that there are also many great mathematical minds that choose to play poker for a living rather than go on to possibly contribute something to the world that might improve our standard of living. I realize that us OOTiots and 2p2ers in general are a very small percentage of the general population, but still, this forum in particular can't be good for the world's real GDP.

Just as a small example, I've been working a part time job all through college. Then I disovered multi-tabling and left the work force. I used to help in the printing and assembly of newspapers. Now I take gambling addicts' children's lunch money and retired senior citizens' social security checks and blow it all on strippers and beer.