Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The argument over whether it was two or five or ten minutes is a stupid distraction from the central issue.

TWO MINUTES IS WAY, WAY TOO LONG TO STALL WITH THE NUTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're painting the picture with way too broad of a brush, here. Just because he had "the nuts" doesn't mean he can't go into the tank and think how he can extract the most chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. He's not calling here. He has an action to take. I see nothing wrong with using a little time to give the impression that he has a tough decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could only raise one amount, since Barry bet more than his remaining stack. There is no "decision" aspect

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that calling and raising constituted the same action. Of course there's a decision to make.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there isn't. My point was that Trumper does not have a decision to make. He has one obviously correct play. However, of course, by waiting a long amount of time, he is giving the impression of making a decision, this is the entire point of the exercise. There is the APPEARANCE of a decision to make. Different.

My previous reply was in reference to two posts, which i quoted. The 2nd quote agreed with the 1st, however they reference 2 different things. One referenced taking make to make a decision, while the 2nd agreed, but then referenced a different point (pretending to take time to make a decision). My comment applied to the 1st one, and I misread the 2nd, not realizing that it did not in fact match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. As I stated originally, the "impression" of a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. That was my backhanded, semi-snarky way of saying "you're right," with regards to your reply stating you said impression. The context you put it in didn't neccesarily match what you said, but obviously, context can't change that you clearly said impression, which renders my initial pointed reply totally incorrect with respect to what you said.

Even for something trivial, if I reply to somebody or paint somebody in a negative light, and then it turns out I was wrong, I will make some reasonable attempt to "retract" what I said. I'm actually trying to have a discussion, not just indulge my bicker reflex (that comment isn't directed at you , just the general 2+2/Internet community).