Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Orleans tourney ruling

I was playing in the Orleans Omaha 8/B tourney Monday and I lost the following hand and the floor ruling left me wondering if they handled it correctly.

I was in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG, UTG+1, MP, MP2 all call, SB completes and I check.

Flop is: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Betting is capped 4 ways with UTG, MP, MP+1 and myself

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

All players pay 2 bets

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Two more bets apiece

MP+1 has nut low with A2

I table my hand to show my cards, dealer is looking at MP hand and incorrectly calls out 5s full of 3s and mucks my hand - I have 3s full of 8s. Before she could muck the MP hand I notice that he has 3s full of 5s and point it out.

She calls the floor over and tells him that she saw that I had 3s full of 4s, but did not see my 8. Floor asks the table if anyone saw my 8, nobody says they did. Floor rules my hand dead and tells me that he cannot pull my cards out of the muck and cannot call the camera on this ruling.

Dealer apologizes but I am crippled as this was at the $100/200 level and I only have $500 left after this hand and thought it could have been handled differently. How so, I am not sure.