Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Good job defending my blind or a shiny new luckbox?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (9 handed) converter

MP3 ($49.25)
CO ($57.40)
Button ($5.95)
Hero ($48.95)
BB ($23.45)
UTG ($42.10)
UTG+1 ($15.65)
MP1 ($26.55)
MP2 ($17.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $5, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($15) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($35) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, MP1 calls $10.55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $56.55

---

MY LOGIC:

I was happy with the PF call - it was only a minraise and I was pretty sure that BB would complete and UTG+1 would call making it a five way pot. $.75 to win $5? I'd do that with a lot of things. And these were soooted!

The flop: I'm not sure about whether calling was a good move. Although the flop was pretty good, it was not perfect and there were players left to act behind me who could have raised. Even though nobody did, I was still calling a pot-sized bet on a draw to only the third best flush or a gutshot draw to a straight or straight flush. I'm beat now and I might not even be drawing to the best hand.

Did I have enough outs and were the outs strong enough to call this bet with people behind me?

The turn: I was hoping the Ace would be a scare card and making a smallish bet would at best win the pot for me there or if he calls, it's a fairly inexpensive way to see the river after I picked up a couple more outs.

I probably would have folded to a push but he only minraised it so I felt I almost had to call at this point.

The river: I made my flush which gave me the second nuts. I felt that villain, having invested so much into this pot, would call my bet that put him all-in with worse hands than me (I thought he had two pairs or maybe a straight). Since I would have called an all-in and paid off the Ace-high flush, I felt that betting what villain had in front of him was the best move.

How's my line?