Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Default My wedding cake didn\'t show up, can I sue?

Long post, so here is a synopsis: The cake lady didn't show up with our wedding cakes on our wedding day. Can we sue?

I got married last week on Friday. Several months ago my wife went to the cake place and told them exactly what she wanted. She went with her parents several times after that working out the details. I also went and picked out the grooms cake I wanted (an ace of spades). We were over there on the Monday before the wedding making final arrangements. Her parents were over on Tuesday also taking some supplies for the building of the cake. Both cakes had been paid for for over a month. We had several reciepts with the specific date and time on them for the wedding.

On the day, the lady never shows up. We try her numbers, she never answers. We leave several messages, nothing. The next day my wife and I go on our honeymoon and our parents go to the place. The lady says she wrote down thew rong day (even though on the reciepts we have which are copies she made it has the correct date).

This was very traumatic for my wife and myself and for our parents. We think we are entitled to something.

Do we have any basis for a lawsuit? To what might we be entitlted?