Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2005, 09:48 AM

Default 3-6-12 lake charles madness

i have played down there a fair amount and feel like i am just begining to understand this game . i really think it is unlike any other hold em i have played elsewhere (vegas, canada). i'd really like to hear other's idea of how they play this game and what their expectaions are.
this is what i know so far:
1) a raise preflop is a pot builder, and if from early position, will entice more people to come in
2) 12 on the river will induce a call, where 6 will get a fold

i play any suited ace, any pocket pair, suited connectors down to 6-5, any two paint, most unsuited connectors (depending on the situation) and mid range suited gaps (J9, 10 7....and embarassingly enough 6-3!). with this range of hands i have moderate swings, but it's worked the last few times down there and i've ended showing a small profit. i enjoy splashing around, and get away from marginal hands in small pots. i thought i did a decent job of alternatley appearing super loose and reckless, or super tight, and mixing up my game for those paying attention.

anyways, i'd be interested to hear what others think about this game, and what their strategies are.

drew