Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2005, 12:19 AM

Default First 2,000 SnGs and some random thoughts/questions

Well, its finally here and I want to thank this entire forum for helping me grind through my first 2,000 SnGs.

First, for the luckbox stats:
$20s:
664 tourneys
26.5% ROI
39.49% ITM

$30s
441 tourneys
15% ROI
36% ITM

$50s
886 tourneys
21% ROI
37% ITM

I couldn't import some of my $20s into SNG tracker so I'll just post the $50s stuff
Profit at the $50s:

Finish distribution at the $50s:

I played the $10s before this and although I was making money I didn't keep track of the tournaments. These records started with single tabeling the $20s, and I gradually moved up to 4 tables. After playing the $30s for a while I started out 4 tabeling the $50s and now run 6 tables continuously.

What I've learned:
-variance sucks
-SnG tracker is a great program but a dangerous tool when it causes you to become too focused on stats that you have little control over
-After 2,000 tournaments I still suck at poker, but luckily most other poker players suck even more

My biggest Leak?
-Just doing donk plays when I know better. If I could stop making retarded bluffs and that occasional horrible call my game would improve significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if there's at least one poster on this forum that has seen me make a horrendous play at the tables. Hopefully by the next 2,000 I'll have more discipline to help solve this.

I'm a little concerned about my finish distribution. Is this a sign that I might be a little over aggressive on the bubble?

I'm always looking to exchange HH for evaluations and such, so if any $50+ players are interested feel free to PM me. I've also been toying with the idea of doing some coaching, you could always PM me if you're interested. Anyway, gl to everyone and once again I want to thank all of the posters on this forum.

oh yeah, and if you read this Irieguy: yes, my penis is huge