Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Default PLAY ONLINE AGAIN OR NOT

I quit playing online a few months ago because I went through a huge downswing and played higher limits to try to make up my loss. I have done this several times before and have always ended the same way. Dispite all of this, I am up 3000 for the year but know I have a problem and should not play anymore online.

My wife just lost her job and I really don't want to worry about the money. She is getting unenployment and we will do fine for awhile. I know that I can make some money playing online if I stick to some simple rules. I can make an extra 300-600 a month if I stick to low limits and don't move up to higher limits(bankroll management).

Things have been great since I have quit and I only play live. It is worth the risk for me to try it again or has my past proven that I will always end up the same way? I was smart enough to quit while I was ahead last time. Do I have a real problem or am I just too competitive and this is something I can learn to control. I have never lost money I could not afford to lose and have went months following rules I have set for myself. It is when I have a four day losing streak were I seem to start going out of control. So here it is, am I just folling myself into believing this time will be different or can I set limits and follow them!!!