Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 PM

Default AQ-spades in the BB

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB. 2-3NL.
Four or five players limp to me and I raise 15 on top. Sometimes I’ll just call here - especially on an aggresive or loose-action table. But this was a passive enough table that I felt not taking the lead would make small children cry.

I get two callers. One of these callers (~$300 worth) is a good player who knows me pretty well and knows that I am capable of a wide range of plays. He also probably thinks that I bluff a lot - maybe even too much. The second player (~$150 worth) I had never played with before. When he first sat down, he was raising a good bit in an attempt to be table captain (unfortunately for him I was two seats to his left). After getting beaten in a lot of pots, he had pulled into a shell and was playing rather timidly.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot is ~50)
I lead out for 18. Maybe too small a bet, but I had made similar bets earlier and this was a pretty passive table - 18 was as good as 50 if players had missed the flop or had a dubious holding. The first player (who is not passive) raises to 36 and the second thinks for a little bit and just calls, I feel strength from him. I call...

Thoughts up to this point? Approaches from here on out?

- Jim