Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Default I think I got greedy

2-5 NL at the mirage

UTG raises 25 Folded to me I look down at JJ I call (Usually I raise here but my over all feeling was that this guy was fairly tight and probably had a big hand here, If I reraised, and he shoved or re-raised me I dont think I was ready to call a all-in here, especially since Im heads up and have no odds on my money so I just call)

Flop J T 3 rainbow he bets out 40, Flopped a Set bingo!! (I call, I really think this guy is married to KK or AA or QQ or TT, I think I really have him here)
I call

Turn Q.....Wow this card is a little scary, if he has AK im now drawing, if he has a set of queens im dead, I still really think he has a over pair....He bets out 125, I call.....

River 2.......HE CHECKS!!....I keep thinking that if I check here Im missing value if I dont bet, its a razer thin value bet but the pot is already pretty big and I dont have much left since the max buy-in is 300, Alright Im all in I say, for about 110 more.....He thinks for a minte I almost call the clock over he finally says he calls, he shows AK for the straight.....I dont know what pissed me off more, the fact that he slowrolled the crap out of me, or the fact that I initally thought I played the hand really wrong on all streets.....What do you guys think, I just got up and went out and took a break got something to eat.....Did'nt say a word, What do you guys think about how I played the hand all streets appreciated.