Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: \"I Wanna See That Hand\" at MGM Las Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wrote two columns on this issue last year.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...02&m_id=88

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...amp;m_id=65550

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this topic gets too much airtime and blown way out of proportion. Yknow what really slows the game? The discussion about the intent of the rule. Calling the floor over, etc.

When I go to showdown, I am fully aware that someone may ask to see my hand. So what? Most don't know what to do with the info anyways. One hand isn't going to reveal every tool in my box in the game. It doesn't bother me at all. I think the players who really get upset about this rule, generally, aren't that strong of players. Otherwise, something so petty wouldn't get them so bent out of shape.

There are better things to study and worry about than someone asking to see your hand.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie's right. I think almost all of the time they just want to see what you had, not how you play. I don't get into snits about this anymore, and it used to piss me off something royal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I have learned to live with it unless the abuser is obnoxious. Then I'll use it against him to put the f*cker on tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm rather good at tilting people, I think Joe Tall just experienced it first hand 2 weeks ago in Vegas when a local started asking to see hands at the river and the guy to his right was offended because he felt the old guy assumed he was cheating. He proceeded to spew chips, Good times...

PS: I'm all for mandatory showdown of all hands on the river if thats what it takes to have a faster moving table and a happier environment. I have nothing to hide.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]