Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Big 1/2 pot with AA

i played some NL at my local card room last night. here's a big hand that happened early in the session. i bought in for $200 and had about $160 when this hand started.

i'm in the SB, and just about everyone limps (10 handed). i find two red aces, and make it $15 to go. i get two callers. flop is Q high with two diamonds, no straight draws. pot is like $50. i bet $35. i got one caller, and when he called, he gave off this "oh well, i guess i have to call, but i'm not too thrilled with my hand" vibe. i just sat down at the table so i have no good reads on anyone.

pot now ~$120, i have a bit over $100 left. turn is the Qd. putting 3 diamonds out there, and two queens. that's one of the most difficult cards to come off for me, as it completes a flush draw and pairs the top card. but now i have the nut flush redraw to go with my two pairs, aces and queens, but could be drawing to two outs. i check. he immediately moves all in for exactly $100. i have about the same amount left in front of me, maybe $110. i've invested extactly $50 in the pot, and am getting just about 2:1 on the call.

??