Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: 1 year as an underage player

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand you people who are so anti-pro. the op says he doesnt want to go pro but as far as im concerned he has. he quit his job and is making alot of money. he plans to use the money to pay off his tuition and living expenses while in college. he wants to buy an apartment with earnings when he graduates.

he may not have ambitions to play poker forever but that is what he is doing for the time being. i dont have ambitions to play poker forever either, but because i consider myself to be pro and he doesnt i am and he isnt?

sorry for hijacking ggbman. seriously, congratulations and good wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

TStone, i agree there is a lot of funny business regarding who considers themselves a pro and who doesn't. I don't mean to be offensive, i think the one major difference between you and me, and the reason i don't get considered as a pro is because i'm continuing with school. While there certainly is some appeal to putting school off when you are making $100/hour or whatever, but i think in the long term, it's clear that i won't be playing poker for a living whereas people who don't go to school might have a harder time getting into other professions.

That said, you'll probably make 3x as much as i will in the next few years, so who knows. Anyway, thanks and good luck to you. (I am also currently in CT, maybe we can meet up sometime)