Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: The left\'s need for more taxes -

Even though you're trolling, I'll go ahead and respond.

[ QUOTE ]

First off let’s get one thing straight – the reason that most of the tax cuts go to the upper income groups is because the top 20% of the wage earners pay 78% of the taxes

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good. Now tell us how much of the money they have.
To take an extreme example, if out of 10 people I made 95% of the money but paid 90% of the taxes, your argument would imply I'm overpaying (the top 10% are paying 90%!) when I'd actually be underpaying. The one statistic you'll never see republicans mentioning is total taxes paid (federal income tax, state income tax, social security, etc) as a percentage of all income (both wages and investments). (In other words, the one that actually matters)

[ QUOTE ]
1: If Buffett and the other limo liberals think they taxes are too low why don’t they set an example and pay more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, above you quoted him as saying he DOES....so I guess that invalidates your question. However, a few civic-minded people can't make up for all the others.

[ QUOTE ]

2: Why do they have to wait for a law? There’s nothing that says you have to take every deduction.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above

[ QUOTE ]

3: Instead of setting up charities why don’t they give their money to the government and let it decide the best way to spend it?

[/ QUOTE ]
umm, because the current administration will just give it back to the ultra-rich?

[ QUOTE ]
4: (slightly off topic) Why is it that most limo liberals like Buffett and Kennedy are against school vouchers yet they sponsor scholarships (poor people need not apply) to elitist universities for the well heeled?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I suspect this isn't even true, I won't bother responding