Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Help me move

Hey all,
I recently moved from Seoul, South Korea back to a small town in canada of about 5000 people. I am going insane, I need to move. I came back to house sit for my parents while they were in Europe, they are back now and I need to leave. Here is what I am looking for in a place to live:

1. Nice whether - if I have to live through another Canadian winter I will kill myself.
2. By the beach - I love nothing more than relaxing by a beautiful beach.
3. Potential to get a decent job - I have a university degree in Molecular biology.
4. Fairly large city - I love big cities with lots to do.
5. Good internet connection for poker.
6. Decent rent for a studio/1bd room place (<$1000 mnth preferably).
7. I'd rather not need a car, I've never liked the hastles that come along with a car.

I make enough playing poker to survive (3-4 k/mnth) but wouldn't mind getting a decent job, I'm going nuts playing poker.

I have been looking into florida and Cali a great deal. I have never been to either but have heard great things and seem to have everything I'm looking for (mostly Miami and L.A. and San Diego), but I would move anywhere (I'm going to miami next week to check it out).

So, opinions???

I was also wondering do I need a visa or anything to live full time in the states, or is it just to work??? How difficult is it to get a job in the states being from Canada? Do employeers feel it's a hastle going through visa stuff hiring a Canadian? I feel like it would just be easier for them to hire an American.

Thanks for all opinions.

Malone