Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Turning Stone Pro 83 72.81%
tdarko 31 27.19%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Apartment building laundry ettiquite! Resolution necessary!

Hey all -

So, here's the situation. I'd like a ruling -- you guys are better than Ann Landers any day.

I live in an apartment building in which there are seven separate apartments (it's actually an old house), and there is one washer and one dryer in the basement.

I put my clothes in the washer, which is set to finish at 5:30. I come down at 5:32 and my clothes are neatly stacked in a pile on a dirty couch next to the washing machine, and a very quiet Asian girl unapologetically looks at me and asks that I move the rest of my clothes. (couldn't she at least have put them in the dryer??) I oblige, putting my clothes in the dryer and starting the cycle.

Now wash cycles take 30 minutes, and dry cycles take 1 hour. When I come down an hour later (pretty much to the minute), my wet clothes are on the couch, and her dry cycle says '45 minutes remaining.'

Obviously, if she stopped my dryer in the middle of a cycle, took my clothes out, and put her clothes in, she's a bitch. That doesn't need debate.

My question, therefore, is this -- if my dry cycle had finished, but was for some reason ineffective in this old dryer and left my clothes still damp...