Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would a seperate, 'members only' pay section be sufficient for this idea?
Yes 90 37.19%
No 91 37.60%
I don't know 61 25.21%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Perception is Sometime Reality.

I'm not aware that any flags have been burned in this country at an anti-bush protest.
Then you are in effort conceding that you're UNINORMED on this topic and there UNQUALIFIED to comment. Why should I give weight to any of your comments on a topic that you admit you nothing about? Watch some videos and educate yourself.
www.protestwarrior.com

Flag burners may love their country more then the Republicans.
Mmmmmmm......So when a man beats his wife it may be because he loves TOO much. OK, you just persuaded me. You are right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just because you think a woman may dress slutty doesn't mean she is a slut.
As for your poker analogy, poker teaches you to play the odds and make ASSUMPTIONS based on the odds. You don't get laid much do you? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A person burns a flag as a political statement. That person likely wants to better their country.
Ahhhhhhh!!! Here we agree! The person that burns the US flag is bettering the USA. He is alienating voters in the middle who find that behavior appalling so these voters look to vote for people opposed to these flag burners.

Not just unscientific... its also illogical and nonsensical.
I thought it was a fun poll. Did you notice that people were more likely to identified flag burners with Democrat voters. LOL....just as I suspected. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On another note, why do Republicans seem so insecure? They seem to constantly need to assert that they are more patriotic then others.
I have not once asserted that I am more patriotic. But I have question the patriotism of flag burners and certain Democratic political leaders. Patriotism (love of country) is an essential trait of a political leader. To run for political office you must be a US citizen. To run for president, you must have been born in the USA. Why? People who love their country are more likely to do what is their country's best interest.

Meantime, so many of them seem to not understand things like one way to love your country is to protest when you think your country is erring.
No one that I know of is against PEACEFUL protesting. BUT...people are against protesters who burn flags, commit vandalism, and physical assault counter protestors. Like I said, check out these videos.
www.protestwarrior.com
The Dutch chapter of protest warriors had to go underground because of threats of violence.

Or they propose things like amendments that curb one of the great American principles like freedom of speech.
I'm against the flag burning amendment. Let these flag burners (who are mostly Democrat voters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) make jackasses of themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]