Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2003, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Dont want to win?

I would guess you have made a few deals at the final table if you've made them before. Why would I say that?

You are basically assured of 4th playing this hand. No absolutely but big enuf to put good money on the prop bet for it.

But getting 4 way action that could put me in a very decent chip lead in a shorthanded (5) table when I know the first all-in is desparate, and the others are drawing to beat me. I go all in and go for a tournament win.

I don't know what overall finish expectation is but I would
say it makes a HUGE + to where you stand now. I mean HUGE +ev to your cash at the end of tournament.

If it was I had 60k, chip leader had 100k 2 low stacks had 10 k between them and went all-in against chip leaders all-in raise then ok muck and if I expect I can outplay chip leader later. I risk little there gain 1 place for sure maybe 2(huge difference in money) etc. More pluses for the situation here. also a closer call.

But I believe wehn u can Quadruple up when u have the best of it. and the win is worth 40 times what I get now if I bust out this hand, vs the chance of blinding out to only 50% more roughly and my hand expects to win 60% of the time, how can I possibly lay it down.

W/o knowing what others had if you had 10 10, JJ, AK etc then thats another story.

Take the best of it and go for a win. Don't make no deals.

Regards,
Larry