Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 08:19 PM

Default 20/40 Party - Awkward KK situation

This one has stayed on my mind for some reason. I've been at the table less than two orbits- playing very uneven. I just had KK on the button and 3-bet a limper, raiser, coldcaller. Everybody (including one of the blinds) calls. Flop is A 7 2 (two spades), raiser bets, folded to me, I raise, call his 3-bet, and then fold to his turn bet.

A few hands later, I get KK again and open-raise from UTG+1. Poster in cutoff calls, as do both blinds. Flop is rainbow A 9 7. Same villain, in the BB this hand, bets. I decide to look him up this time. I call, cutoff calls. Shortstacked SB check-raises all in for $39. Big Blind makes it $59. I fold. Cutoff folds. SB flopped bottom pair with 76, BB takes the pot with Q9o, yada yada yada.

My question isn't what I should have done (though I'm open to all advice), but whether the BB's play here is surgical aggression or maniacal spewing. Does anyone here make these kind of moves?