Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: thinking about the past, present and future... 3/6?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I've been toying with an idea I've had for awhile now, and I finally feel its time to suggest it. There's all these posts of guys who are making good money at the 2/4 games. If you do this over a significant amount of time you should be able to put together a very inflated bankroll and be quite overrolled. At the same time everyone is talking about how bad the 3/6 game is. So why not jump straight from 2/4 to 5/10 6 max if you have the roll for it? I think this is a doable move for a good player and would hopefully greatly improve a players game.

Crazy or brilliant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is doable, however, I would mix a couple 2/4 tables with some 1/2 6 max and some 3/6 tables, even if it is slightly -EV so that you dont get bombed for 100 BB when you move up to 5/10 6 max...

I am the worst 6 max player alive, so maybe this only applies to me, but Im trying to help

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume anyone playing 2/4 has already played and crushed 1/2 6 max. If not it might be time to take this valuable little detour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never learned to play 6 max, everytime I dab in it I get schooled... I am currently at 7 BB/100 at 2/4 over my last 100,000