Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Every fibre in my body told me I was beat...

Live 20-40 game,

Some dude limps in EP, folded to me on the button with KK and I take it upstairs on the button.

SB folds to the BB who nervously throws in 3-bets. The old man in BB defines weak tight to the extreme, but now I'm thinking with his re-raise and my KK that I may be forced to the weak tight one!!! Played about 4 hours into the session, he has yet to re-raise once, though he has called several raises with the standard calling a raise stuff.

Limper calls, I cap it. Both call before the dealer even gets to them.

As the dealer rakes in the chips towards the center, I am eyeing the old man like a hawk. I am watching his eyes, his hands, his breathing, little twitches on his face. He's nervous, and obviously so. He's got about 6 or 7 red chips in his hand ready to go and never once looks up. His eyes are glued to the felt where the poker gods will determine his outcome for this hand..

The flop comes 2-2-7. His pupils grow, he instantly fires out 4 red chips. His eyes never leave the flop, never look up, but damn is he still ever nervous. His hands are trembling..

EP dude calls pretty quickly, and I think for 2 seconds still eyeing the old guy and muck.

Lawrence