Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Thomastem 118 63.44%
LALDAAS 68 36.56%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Discussion over an inflection point play

To make a short story long, I was playing a multi when my friend called and invited me over for a little tourney. I explained my situation and decided to unplug at my house during the break and zip over and plug in at his house to finish my online tourney while we were playing live. (Hey, I usually multi-table SnG's so I should be able to handle this, right?)

So my friend was watching me play the online tourney and...
Started with 890, down to 62 and 60 get paid. I think the average stack was about 12,000. Here are the relevant stacks from the hand:

AliasMrJones (button) 9,484
SB 25,122
BB 33,423

Folded to me in the button with AJo. I thought about it for a while and my friend and I had a discussion about whether to push or not. On the plus side, AJo is a good hand, and there are only the blinds to worry about. On the minus side, both blinds have huge stacks and it would suck to play for 3 hours and go out 2 out of the money when I could easily fold at least into the money in a hand or two and then play to win. Oh, and I should mention the distribution since the payout for 60 was higher than normal. 33 buy-in, 60th paid 120, 10th was about 400 and 1st was about 8,000.