Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Super Magoo jamboree report!

I concur with my gal, Sticky Wicket.

I've never had so much fun at a poker table in my life. It's FUN to be a donkey! Who knew playing so horribly could bring so much joy to one's life?

My favorite moments included not only the live straddles, but the FOUR live straddles on a few hands - so we were capped before anybody had gotten any cards! Now that's poker.

Tim was right - he won some donkey hands - but he must've been playing too tight because he didn't win OR lose!

I'm amazed I didn't lose more than the one rack I did. I think Goofball has that rack, as he was the primo donkey at our table - rivering almost everyone on every damn hand we played. Bastard. I think he cashed out like 10 racks of blue.

The best was when we were playing games like razz or triple draw, and someone in the hand doesn't realize it's a LOW game until they flip up their sets and 2 pairs! That's comedy.

Seriously, I had a blast - it was great meeting everyone and we by BY FAR had the best table going!

I forgot to mention one game I think I invented...although one 2+2er said it was similar to a home game he called "Screw Your Neighbor:"

You play Hold'em exactly the same except for one thing: after the first round of betting pre-flop, you MUST give one of your hole cards to the player on your left. The hand continues from there! I see this as becoming the next big poker rage! Ed Miller can write about strategy! Sklanksky can write about the math behind it! Woo hoo!

Okay, maybe not, but it was a fun game to play last night.