Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2005, 04:40 AM

Default Super Magoo jamboree report!

This will be short as I'm hella tired and have to work in the morning.

We got to MGM, started having drinks and nametags made around 7pm, did a role call at 730pm and the donking began at 8pm! We had a total of 4 tables after the MGM floor staff made sure to combine a few live games to accomodate us.

MAJOR Props to all the MGM staff. The floors, dealers, chip runners, and waitresses even though they were short handed in the drink department. The dealers were instructed that we were a good bunch and just deal whatever and I can honestly say...NO MISSDEALS! not one, nothing. We did have more of the experienced ones in the upstairs room though.

Highlights of the night:
Dynasty with 1k in blue ($1 chips) on the table for his buy in.
Howard Burroughs shows up and just has to outdo Dynasty and gets another 1k to go on top of the rack he bought from another player. I think they brought well over 3500 in dollar chips to our table upstairs!

It was a pleasure getting to meet and chat with Mason and Ed for a few minutes when they were there

TT is still a magoo but he didn't stay very long! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Believe it or not the worst beat of the night on our table was Trillig against a player to be named later. Full house over full house on the river I believe! Trillig lost! haha
I had to hear about it as I drove him home, lol I was like...dude I was there and it was funny!

All in all a great night and tons of fun. I talked to Garry Boyd who was the floorman in charge of allowing us to set this thing up and accomodating us and he said there have been zero complaints by staff or customers and that we're welcome back ANYTIME! Also, that we were a great group and very generous with the staff.

I'm sure others will elaborate more as I just can't keep my eyes open anymore!